Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Lighthouse Prayer Room - Daily Noontime Prayer for March 1 - March 7


Praise the LORD, O my soul;
all my inmost being, praise His holy name.

Praise the LORD, O my soul;
and forget not all His benefits –

Who forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases, who redeems my life from the pit and crowns me with love and compassion, who satisfies my desires with good things so that my life is renewed like the eagle’s.

The LORD works righteousness and justice for all the oppressed.

This is what the LORD almighty says:

“Administer true justice; show mercy and compassion to one another. Do not oppress the widow or the fatherless, the alien or the poor. In your hearts do not think evil of each other.”

Forgive me Father for all my sins and for my failure to love others as you have called me to love them – as I love myself.

“Even now,” declares the LORD, “return to me with all your heart, with fasting and weeping and mourning.”

I WILL rend my heart and not my garments.
I WILL return to the LORD my God, for He is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love, and He relents from sending calamity.

Consecrate me, Lord Jesus.

I WILL fast and offer my life as first fruits to you, O my LORD.
I WILL call upon you – I will pray.
I WILL seek you – and I will find you.
I WILL open my heart – and receive you.

Take me out of captivity and make me free, Lord Jesus.

(Pray the Lord’s Prayer)

Amen.

No comments: